Monthly Archives: November 2010

What is the Purpose of Form I-140?

If you are one among those who wish to work in the US permanently, then here we go. Not many know the fact that they can be sponsored a green card by an employer. The form I-140 is a petition … Continue reading

Posted in Article | Tagged , , , , , , | 4 Comments

What is a Student Visa?

The immigration law allows foreign nationals to study in the United States. Many foreign students dream to pursue their education in the United States. Most of the foreign students do not know how to proceed with the US immigration to … Continue reading

Posted in Article | Tagged , , , , , | 5 Comments

How can I Adjust my Status?

Adjustment of Status refers to the process through which a non–immigrant (who is already in United States) becomes a permanent resident. The individual may apply for adjustment of status without having to leave the country and apply from his or … Continue reading

Posted in Article | Tagged , , , | 6 Comments

What is Adjustment of Status?

If you are already in the US and are eligible to apply for a green card based on being sponsored by an employer or family member or based on holding asylee or refugee status, you can apply for adjustment of … Continue reading

Posted in Article | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Form N-400, Application for Naturalization

An immigrant can become a US citizen either by birth or through Naturalization. Naturalization is generally referred to as the procedure through which a person not born in the United States voluntarily becomes a U.S. Citizen. Immigrants who wish to … Continue reading

Posted in Article | Tagged , | 3 Comments

What is the USCIS?

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the federal agency assigned in overseeing the lawful immigration of foreign nationals who are temporarily or permanently settling in the United States and is responsible for granting or denying immigration benefits to … Continue reading

Posted in News | 1 Comment