Monthly Archives: July 2011

The Adjustment of Status Process

Adjustment of status is the last step in the green card or (LPR) process (that of becoming a legal permanent resident). You, the foreign national have to file an I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status, most likely based on a … Continue reading

Posted in Article | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Getting a Green Card Through Marriage

A citizen of United States marrying foreign-born persons and petitioning for them to obtain permanent residence in the U.S is very common. Per immigration laws, spouses of U.S. citizens are considered “immediate relatives” and therefore are exempt from all numerical … Continue reading

Posted in US Citizenship | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment